Regular yoga practice can benefit you in the following ways (but is not limited to these).
- Stretches and tones muscles
- Develops strength and flexibility
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves respiration
- Weight loss
- Dramatically reduces the negative effects of stress
- Helps the whole body to relax
- Increases energy and vitality
- General health maintenance and illness prevention
- Brings a stronger connection to yourself, and a greater appreciation for your body
- A community of positive like minded people.
Attending a weekly yoga class is a fantastic way to set a foundation for a regular practice. It can inspire a home practice as well as providing a blissful break in the midst of a hectic week.
Setting aside time for a home practice can extend the benefits you receive from a regular yoga class.